Thursday, June 16, 2016

Full Sail Online: Project & Portfolio II - Design

These types of classes are strewn about my program. They each involve different assignments based on the knowledge gained through previous courses and some of the fundamentals of design. This particular module includes designing a cohesive ad campaign for a celebratory day.

Week One- Pick Your Day & Make Your Logo
Logo
World Nerd Day Logo
Given a decent sized list of days to choose from, I decided upon World Nerd Day. I’m a nerd, my husband is a nerd, my son is a nerd, and my daughter is half-nerd. I know the culture, interests, and activities associated with nerdism and thought it would be really fun to design in honor of such a fun, although fictional, day.

After creating some concept sketches, I came up with my logo and designed it in Adobe Illustrator. My instructor gave me some feedback to help tighten up the logo and this was the final result.

Week Two/Three- Short Format Video, Social Media Mockup, & Outdoor Advertising
First, we had to create a short commercial for our day. This included music composition, video editing, and delivering our message in 15 seconds or less. You can see mine at the bottom of this post.

The first time I’ve ever edited a video was in my previous class where I learned the skill. I’m still building my skillset in that area and I’m far more confident in my design capabilities than in my video making/editing capabilities.

Next is a social media mockup. Only one is required but I believe I’m going to go with a two-pronged approach. My Facebook mockup can be seen below and I’m still deciding whether I’ll be utilizing Twitter or Instagram for my second. Instagram is in the lead, though.

Earlier in the week we had to complete a discussion post about the different types of outdoor advertising. I never realized there were so many different types of “billboards” that utilize all sorts of technology. Perhaps I’ve seen them; I just never really gave them much thought (other than what they were advertising).  Admittedly, I haven’t started on this yet other than brainstorming. I plan to get this rocking tomorrow.

Week Four (next week)- Client Presentation & What I Learned Video
Because I haven’t posted about this class week for week, I’ll include this here. We are provided an InDesign file that sets up our client presentation. All the work done for our celebratory day thus far will be included as well some information regarding tone, look, feel, and a general overview.


The What I Learned video looks to be a 0 or 100 grade. There is no content grade and the instructor seems to want us to be brutally yet entertainingly honest. I loath doing these videos but the pressure is much less considering merely doing it will earn me the completion grade.



No comments:

Post a Comment